Smoke Inn Cigars has partnered with Espinosa Premium Cigars for the second time in the long-running Microblend Series, showcasing what can be accomplished when the modern style of the amped-up Connecticut is taken to its limits.
Introducing the 601 La Bomba Connecticut Bunker Buster – FUBAR, a heavy-hitting smoking experience that brings with it a sneaky, double-sided personality. Beginning with a lush Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper, FUBAR caresses the smoking palate upon ignition. But the cigar’s spicy, high-priming binder and Nicaraguan fillers (Estelí and Jalapa regions) act as the “Mr. Hyde” to the silky “Dr. Jekyll” performance of the Connecticut wrapper.
601 La Bomba Connecticut Bunker Buster – FUBAR marks the sequel to the original 601 La Bomba Bunker Buster. Five years after the Bunker Buster first showed cigar enthusiasts the sinister, nuclear-class capabilities that Espinosa has to offer, the Connecticut-wrapped sequel now has its sights set on smokers’ preconceived notions of the “mild” Connecticut.
FUBAR has been rolled at the cult-favorite La Zona factory in Estelí, showcasing the same bunker-busting Perfecto format as the original. But the cigars’ packaging has been overhauled, with each individual cigar now being enclosed in colorful, paper-box coffins. When holding a single coffin, smokers will notice four different themes of artwork gracing each side of the coffin. When all 10 cigars are placed side by side, the full piece of artwork is revealed. Rotating the cigars will showcase each of the four designs, which are intended to be hung on lounge walls using the FUBAR 10-count box.
For this special release, only 5,000 cigars (500 boxes of 10) have been rolled. A pre-sale will be held through Smoke Inn’s online store on June 21st at 12pm (Eastern Time), with the official release being held on July 3rd to coincide with Independence Day (available at all Smoke Inn locations).
Remember this moment, because after this summer, smokers may never look at Connecticuts the same again.
601 La Bomba Connecticut Bunker Buster – FUBAR
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
- Binder: N/A
- Filler: Nicaragua (Estelí | Jalapa)
- Factory: La Zona (Nicaragua)
- Production: Limited Edition (5,000 cigars)
- Packaging: 10-ct Boxes
- Vitola: 5½” x 56 (Perfecto)
- Price: $95.00 / box (MSRP)
- Release: June 21 (pre-sale) | July 3 (official launch)
Smoke Inn began the Microblend Series in 2010 with the Tatuaje Anarchy. The series is now in its 14th original release (with both Padrón cigars being considered a single release and the Tatuaje Anarchy 2015 being a re-release). The full series is listed below:
- Tatuaje Anarchy
- Padrón 1964 Anniversary SI-15 (Maduro & Natural)
- My Father El Hijo
- Arturo Fuente Solaris
- Tatuaje Anarchy Apocalypse
- Room101 Big Delicious
- Quesada Oktoberfest Dunkel
- 601 La Bomba Bunker Buster by Espinosa Premium Cigars
- Illusione PACTUM
- The Pope of Greenwich Village by Drew Estate
- Tatuaje Anarchy 2015 (Re-Release)
- Davidoff Smoke Inn 20th Anniversary
- Red Meat Lovers Club
- The Hand Gripper by MoyaRuiz Cigars
- 601 La Bomba Connecticut Bunker Buster – FUBAR by Espinosa Premium Cigars