A little over one year after launching the Pappy Van Winkle Tradition cigar, Drew Estate is now shipping the second annual installment to Drew Estate Diplomat-authorized retailers across the country.
And while the blend remains the same, there are a couple of changes for the 2018 release. For starters, the cigars are being released with an added year’s age, with Drew Estate President and Founder Jonathan Drew stating, “We chose to age these cigars an additional year for this release, as Willy Herrera wanted to amplify the smoothness.” In addition, two of the more limited sizes (Lonsdale and Corona) are not listed as returning for this year’s release.
As with 2017, the cigars are released to coincide with the Van Winkle’s annual release of the family’s highly sought-after bourbons and rye whiskeys.
Pappy Van Winkle Tradition 2018 Breakdown
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Oscuro
- Binder: Indonesia
- Filler: Nicaragua | Dominican Republic
- Factory: La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate (Nicaragua)
- Production: Limited/Seasonal (Drew Diplomat Exclusive)
- Packaging: 10-ct boxes
- Vitolas: 5
- Price: $14.60 – $24.60
- Release: October 23, 2018
- Coronita: 4″ x 46 | $14.60 (MSRP) $145.97/10ct Box
- Robusto Grande: 5½” x 54 | $21.60 (MSRP) $215.97/10ct Box
- Toro: 6″ x 50 | $23.60 (MSRP) $235.97/10ct Box
- Belicoso Fino: 5″ x 50 | $24.60 (MSRP) $245.97/10ct Box
- Churchill: 7″ x 48 | $23.60 (MSRP) $235.97/10ct Box (Exclusively available at Drew Diplomat Spirits Retailers)