For the first-ever Christmas edition of Cigar and a Movie, the choice could not be more clear: Die Hard! Because we believe there are two types of people in this world: those that know Die Hard is a Christmas movie, and those that sad and wrong…
Join us this month as we follow Bruce Willis into the film that created the action genre! As they say in the edited-for-television rendition: “Yippee ki-yay, melon farmer!”
Official hashtag: #cigarandamovie
How to Participate
- Grab yourself a copy of Die Hard (the original, 1988 version). This can be a physical copy (DVD, Blu-ray, VHS…), online rental, or streaming.
- Grab a cigar, a drink, and a snack that you think will pair well for this movie. HINT: we recommend ’80s business suits, eggnog, and everyone’s favorite Christmas cigar—Arturo Fuente Añejo No. 77 “The Shark”.
- IMPORTANT: Start your movie any time before 9pm (EST) and get it paused on this frame. This will allow thousands of Dojo members worldwide to be in sync during the film. Pretty cool, eh?
- At 9pm (EST), we will send a push notification to press play. We will also post this on the Dojo timeline. If you do not see our post or push notification, just get your movie going at 9pm (EST).
- Post on the Cigar Dojo app and use #cigarandamovie with your movie/cigar-related shenanigans. Our favorite posts will receive cigar prizes.
Where to find Die Hard
If you don’t already have a copy, Die Hard can be found online in various formats.
Cigar and a Movie Prizes
As always, prizes will be awarded to users who join the fun and post with #cigarAndAMovie
This week’s prize comes from Drew Estate, with our winner receiving a hand-painted FSG Water Tower by Jessi Flores and Subculture Studios!