Wednesday, January 27th, we’re kicking off the third season of Flavor Odyssey with a new theme! Similar to Season 2, the new season will feature four-episode runs, each following the same sub-theme. While Season 2 was based on different wrapper styles for each group, Season 3 will look at flavor elements (e.g. earth, sweetness, spiciness, etc.). Also differing from Season 2—where all pairings stemmed from the cigar—Season 3’s sub-themes can be based off either the cigar or drink! In our first episode, the pairing begins with the drink, drawing the earthy element (our first theme of the season) from a matcha highball cocktail—a drink that centers on matcha green-tea powder. This is one of the most unique drinks featured on Flavor Odyssey to date, which we’ll be pairing with the Antaño Connecticut by Joya de Nicaragua.
- Showtime: 9 pm (ET), 1-27-2021
- Season: 3
- Episode: 1
Matcha Highball Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces Japanese whisky
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 4 ounces chilled club soda
- 1 lemon wheel (garnish)
- Combine the whisky, lemon juice, honey syrup, and matcha—shake. Pour into a chilled, ice-filled collins glass. Pour the club soda into the shaker, swirl around to rinse, then stir into the glass. Garnish with lemon wheel.
Flavor Odyssey is brought to you by…
Flavor Odyssey is also brought to you by…
Watch this episode LIVE on the Cigar Dojo FACEBOOK page. You can also interact with the show via Facebook by commenting on the video feed.