Initially launched in 2002 as an achievement in Dominican tobacco agronomy, tobacco blending, and craftsmanship, Davidoff is set to reintroduce the Special 53 – Capa Dominicana.
In recent years, Davidoff has begun reintroducing many of their most famed brands (Davidoff Diademas Finas and Robusto Real Especiales 7, among others) in limited quantities, now held under the uniting Davidoff Vintage Blend series. With the Special 53 – Capa Dominicana, the cigar became one of the first to adequately feature a wrapper from the Dominican Republic, as well as showcase a unique 53-gauge perfecto format.
Click images below for full resolution
For the 2020 release of Special 53 – Capa Dominicana, the cigar utilizes an all-Dominican blend that has been rolled in the same 6⅛” x 53 perfecto shape seen on the original release. This includes a 10-year-aged wrapper, a binder aged over eight years, and fillers aged for six and a half years. The cigars are priced at $32 MSRP and packaged in boxes of 10 (and boxes of five cigars available exclusively in Global Travel Retail), with 9,700 boxes (and 1,875 of boxes of five) shipping on July 1st.
Davidoff Special 53 – Capa Dominicana Breakdown
- Wrapper: Dominican Republic (aged 10 years)
- Binder: Dominican San Vicente Seco (aged 8 years)
- Filler: Dominican San Vicente Seco | Piloto Ligero | Olor Seco (aged 6.5 years)
- Factory: Cigars Davidoff (Dominican Republic)
- Production: Limited Edition (9,700 boxes of 10 | 1,875 boxes of 5) (4,500 boxes for U.S.)
- Packaging: 10-ct | 5-ct
- Vitola: 6⅛” x 53 (Perfecto)
- Price: $32.00 (MSRP)
- Release: July 1, 2020