Along with an increasing number of manufacturers making their first-ever appearance at Tobacco Plus Expo International (TPE) 2020, Southern Draw Cigars has announced their participation, debuting a new lancero format of their Cedrus line.
Cedrus originally launched in a singular format at the 2018 IPCPR trade show, using the company’s most diverse blend selection, which includes an Indonesian wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, and select fillers from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. The new lancero format is box-pressed and sized at 7½” x 40, with 50,000 cigars being rolled for 2020.
Southern Draw Cedrus Lancero will debut later this month on Jan. 29, estimated to begin shipping to retailers staggered throughout the year (April 15, July 15, and Oct. 15, 2020). The cigars are packaged in the company’s new “shoebox” layout first seen at IPCPR 2019, arriving in quantities of 20 per box. Finally, Southern Draw has announced that they will not be increasing any of their current prices throughout the entire 2020 year.
CEDRUS Lancero Breakdown
- Wrapper: Besuki TBN (Sumatra, Indonesia)
- Binder: Habano 2000 (Estelí, Nicaragua)
- Seco: Habana ’92 (Quilalí, Nicaragua)
- Viso: Piloto Cubano (Dominican Republic) | Criollo ’98 (Estelí, Nicragua)
- Ligero: Corojo ’99 (Jalapa, Nicaragua)
- Factory: Tabacalera A.J. Fernandez Cigars de Nicaragua (Nicaragua)
- Production: Small Batch (50,000 cigars for 2020)
- Packaging: 20-ct boxes
- Vitola: 7½″ × 40 (Lancero)
- Price: $10.20 (MSRP)
- Release: April 15, 2020