Today, online retailer JR Cigar has announced Cabañas as a new exclusive brand for their online catalogue.
In a press release, JR described Cabañas as a recreation of “the oldest Cuban cigar brand,” being crafted for the modern era by the world-renowned García family. The cigars make use of original Cuban-seed tobaccos grown by the Garcías in Nicaragua. The Nicaraguan puro recipe, said to be medium-plus in intensity, includes the use of a Habano Rosado wrapper, double binder (Jalapa and Estelí), and all-Nicaraguan fillers.
Cabañas is slated to become available later this month, with four sizes retailing between $8.75 and $10.50 per cigar.
- Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Rosado
- Binder: Nicaraguan (Jalapa | Estelí)
- Filler: Nicaraguan
- Factory: My Father Cigars S.A. (Nicaragua)
- Production: Retailer Exclusive
- Packaging: 20-ct boxes
- Vitolas: 4
- Price: $8.75–$10.50 (MSRP)
- Release: October 2019
- Retailer: JR Cigar
- Robusto: 5″ x 50 | $8.75
- Torpedo: 6.12″ x 52 | $9.55
- Churchill: 7″ x 50 | $9.90
- Toro Gordo: 6″ x 56 | $10.50