Cohiba is set to launch a new blend that incorporates a Connecticut Shade wrapper for the first time in the brand’s existence.
In recent years, the brand has expanded outside their comfort zone of ultra-premium Dominican offerings, including a Nicaraguan blend (Cohiba Nicaragua), a more affordably priced cigar (Cohiba Blue), and now a Connecticut-wrapped blend, dubbed Cohiba Connecticut.
Cohiba Connecticut is slated for an early March release, debuting as a regular addition to the Cohiba lineup in four size formats. The cigar’s signature ingredient is its Connecticut shade-grown wrapper, which has been grown exclusively for the blend in Ecuador; the leaf is touted as being aesthetically seamless, with a fine vein structure and ease of blending with the cigar’s binder/filler.
The new cigar is billed as mild to medium in body, focusing on sweetness and spice. Like most Cohiba cigars, the Connecticut is being rolled at General Cigar Company’s own factory in the Dominican Republic. The cigars differ in price when compared to the brand’s most recent Cohiba Blue release, falling in line with Cohiba’s luxury-geared cigars ($19.99 to $22.99 MSRP).
In support of Cohiba Connecticut, Sean Williams will visit cigar retailers nationwide to share the blend with discerning cigar smokers.
Cohiba Connecticut Breakdown
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade
- Binder: Mexican San Andrés
- Filler: Brazilian Mata Fina | Dominican Piloto Cubano | Dominican Olor | Nicaraguan Jalapa
- Factory: General Cigar Dominicana (Dominican Republic)
- Production: Regular Production
- Vitolas: 4
- Price: $19.99–$22.99 (MSRP)
- Release: March 2019
- Robusto: 5½” x 50 | $19.99 | 20-ct boxes
- Crystal Robusto: 5″ x 50 | $20.99 | 10-ct boxes
- Toro: 6¼” x 52 | $21.99 | 20-ct boxes
- Gigante: 6″ x 60 | $22.99 | 20-ct boxes