In 2016, Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust owner Steve Saka showcased a host of future projects at the company’s IPCPR trade show booth in Las Vegas. Over the following two years, these cigars emerged into the market, one by one, until only one project remained. The cigar is Sin Compromiso—a motto used by Dunbarton since debuting in 2015—translating to mean “no compromise;” a brand that is being positioned as the company’s top tier product.
Sin Compromiso will officially debut next month at IPCPR 2018 in five initial sizes, priced from $15.95 – $18.45. As with most DTT projects, Sin Compromiso is rolled at the Joya de Nicaragua factory in Estelí; for this project, only the factory’s best torcedores have been used. The cigars are soft-pressed, cedar-wrapped, and packaged in DTT’s most extravagant boxes to date, with 13 cigars per box.
The project is expected to ship roughly one month after debuting at IPCPR, shipping only to DTT’s top accounts in small batches.
Sin Compromiso Breakdown
- Wrapper: San Andrés Negro “Cultivo Tonto”
- Binder: Hybridized Ecuador Habano “Thin Ligero”
- Filler: Independent Plantation-Grown Nicaraguan
- Factory: Fábrica de Tabacos Joya de Nicaragua, S.A. (Nicaragua)
- Production: Small Batch
- Packaging: 13-ct boxes
- Vitolas: 5
- Price: $15.95 – $18.45 (MSRP)
- Release: August 2018
- Selección “Intrépido”: 5.63″ x 46
- Selección No. 2 Torpedo: 6″ x 52
- Selección No. 5 Parejo: 6″ x 54
- Selección No. 7 Parejo: 7″ x 56
- Selección “Espada Estoque”: 7″ x 44