UPDATE: we are no longer accepting Secret Santa applications. We will now begin the process of pairing the “givers” and “receivers” and will email all participants on Friday, Dec. 16th with more information.
Since Cigar Dojo’s inception in 2012, we’ve held our annual 12 Days of Cigars and Christmas contests each holiday season. The themes and methods of prize collections and winners have changed over the years, but one thing remained: 12 exhausting days…
For 2016, we’re offering up a new approach: Secret Santa! Who knows, maybe it will prove to be just as exhausting—irrelevant—what matters is the spirit of Christmas and the greatest community in the cigar world: DOJONATION!
For this year’s cigar giving madness, we’re taking a step back and letting YOU do the heavy lifting (because we care…). Because after all, the giving is the most fun part, right? Right??? Okay, I think we’re all on the same page.
Now let’s go over the rules, shall we?
Secret Santa 2016 Overview
The madness begins now, as in, the moment you read this post!
Breakdown: how to participate in Cigar Dojo’s Secret Santa 2016
- Fill out the Secret Santa participation form | runs 12/9/16 – 12/12/16
- You will receive an email on (or before) 12/16/16 from Cigar Dojo informing you who you will send cigars to (PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECIPIENT SECRET)
- Send Christmas cigar bomb no later than 12/20/16
- Post picture of your received bomb(s) on the Cigar Dojo app with #dojoSanta
- Tune in to Smoke Night Live on 1/6/17 to see if you’ve won an additional prize from Cigar Dojo!
- Due to the nature of this cigar giveaway, we cannot guarantee all participants will receive cigars. In theory, you will… This is why the contest should be looked at more as a fun way to GIVE cigars, not receive.
- It is suggested that all participants be regular Cigar Dojo members with at least 1 month participation on the Cigar Dojo app and at least 10 posts. Users without these stats may be rejected (admission to participate ultimately lies at Cigar Dojo staff’s discretion).
- All bombs should include a minimum of 5 premium cigars (stuff that you, yourself, would be happy to smoke)
- AND… it will be encouraged that Christmas Bombers (Santas) include extracurricular “stocking stuffer” with their bombs. This is your signature, the “it factor” that sends your gift over the top! We’re talking about the unexpected, such as: fun and regional gifts you couldn’t find anywhere else!
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
- Your favorite craft beer/soda/coffee
- Crazy craft snacks like beef jerky, spicy pickles, or hot sauce
- Gag gifts: personal autographed portrait
- Homemade Christmas cookies…
You get the idea, make it fun and/or funny. Comment below with any questions.
—Merry Christmas Dojo!