The third cigar in Alec Bradley’s Experimental Series—Double Broadleaf—is now on its way to retailers.
The cigars were first announced in June and later formally debuted in July during the 2022 PCA trade show in Las Vegas. Differing from the first two releases in the Experimental Series (Project 40 and Project 40 Maduro), the Double Broadleaf is rolled in Honduras at the Tobacos de Oriente factory.
But it is the wrapper and binder that are the headlining features, as Alec Bradley showcases their own proprietary first-growth Broadleaf tobacco, which is grown in Honduras (as opposed to the traditional Connecticut origin). This leaf is used as the wrapper and one of two binder leaves (the other being Nicaraguan). This blend is completed with Nicaraguan and Honduran tobaccos throughout the filler, making for “a well-balanced, smooth, yet very bold smoking experience.”
“Double Broadleaf exemplifies the ‘Experimental Series’ perfectly; it tested our knowledge of agronomy, blending and the market,” said Second Generation Cigarmaker, Bradley Rubin. “We grew Broadleaf tobacco in Honduras from heritage Connecticut seeds, combined it with other premium tobaccos from Nicaragua and Honduras, and we’re now shipping a flavorful cigar that delivers the extra horsepower our brand advocates have been asking us for.”
The Experimental Series Double Broadleaf launches in five sizes, each boxes in 24-count displays and priced between $9.85 and $12.75 per cigar MSRP.
Cigar Dojo reviewed the Alec Bradley Double Broadleaf Robusto earlier this week, rating the cigar at 91.
Alec Bradley Double Broadleaf Breakdown
- Wrapper: Honduran Broadleaf
- Binder: Honduran Broadleaf | Nicaragua
- Filler: Nicaragua | Honduras
- Factory: Tobacos de Oriente S.A. (Honduras)
- Production: Regular Production
- Packaging: 24-ct boxes
- Vitolas: 5
- Price: $9.85–$12.75 (MSRP)
- Robusto: 5″ x 50| $236.40/box | $9.85/cigar
- Chunk: 4″ x 60 | $252.00/box | $10.50/cigar
- Gran Corona: 7″ x 46 | $264.00/box | $11.00/cigar
- Toro: 6″ x 52 | $276.00/box | $11.50/cigar
- Gordo: 6″ x 60 | $306.00/box | $12.75/cigar