After weeks of buildup to a live-stream mega event, dubbed Freestyle Live 2021, Drew Estate showcased their new releases for 2021 last night, including the grand finale reveal of the Undercrown 10 cigar.
Twenty twenty-one marks the 10th anniversary for the Undercrown brand, originally launching in 2011 as an experience under the crown of Drew Estate’s ultra-premium Liga Privada collection. This changes with Undercrown 10, showcasing an ultra-premium blend on par with Liga Privada, described by Drew Estate as being “All Dekked Out.”
Undercrown 10 consists of a Mexican San Andrés dark wrapper, harvested from the highest priming available. This is joined by a Broadleaf binder from the Connecticut River Valley and an all-Nicaraguan filler. For comparison, the traditional Undercrown Maduro uses a San Andrés wrapper, Connecticut Habano binder, and fillers of Nicaraguan Habano and Brazilian Mata Fina.
Drew Estate has crafted the Undercrown 10 in four regular-production sizes and two more limited expressions. The former category includes the Toro (6″ x 52), Robusto (5″ x 50), Corona (5″ x 43), and Corona Doble (7″ x 50). The latter includes the Undercrown 10 Factory Floor Edition (6″ x 46 lonsdale) and the Undercrown 10 Tuani (6″ x 52 belicoso).
The Factory Floor Edition commemorates the factory floor team responsible for the Undercrown’s creation, being packaged in unique 20-count boxes that include a “tobacco leaf library,” where cigar enthusiasts can examine the raw leaves used for the cigar’s construction. Meanwhile, the Undercrown 10 Tuani size has been rolled as a personal size for Factory Spokesman Pedro Gomez, presented in two-count petaca-style boxes, which can only be obtained at events hosted by Gomez.
Regular-production Undercrown 10 cigars are packaged in boxes of 20 cigars, with prices ranging from $10.50 to $13.50 MSRP per cigar. These sizes will begin shipping in May, followed by the limited-edition Factory Floor Edition in July.
Click images below for full resolution
Undercrown 10 Breakdown
- Wrapper: Mexican San Andrés
- Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
- Filler: Nicaragua
- Factory: La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate (Nicaragua)
- Production: Regular Production / Limited
- Packaging: 20-ct | 2-ct boxes
- Vitolas: 6
- Price: $10.50–$13.60 (MSRP)
- Release: May 2021 | July 2021
- Corona ¡Viva!: 5″ x 43 | $10.50 (20-ct box | $210)
- Robusto: 5″ x 50 | $11.75 (20-ct box | $235)
- Toro: 6″ x 52 | $12.00 (20-ct box | $240)
- Corona Doble: 7″ x 50 | $13.50 (20-ct box | $270)
- Factory Floor Edition: 6″ x 46 | $13.60 (20-ct limited-edition box | $272)
- Tuani: 6″ x 52 | N/A (event only)