Following the announcement of La Coalición in May of this year and the unveiling of the cigar at IPCPR 2019, Drew Estate and Crowned Heads have announced that the collaborative project is now shipping worldwide.
Translating to mean The Coalition (or The Alliance), the project has been billed as a true collaboration between the two companies, with Jon Huber (Crowned Heads co-founder) and Willy Herrera (Drew Estate master blender) working together on the blend at Drew Estate’s factory in Estelí, Nicaragua.
The cigars have been rolled in four sizes geared towards the connoisseur, with prices ranging from $10.95 to $14.95 MSRP. La Coalición incorporates a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper, a Sumatran binder, and aged fillers from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. And while production is handled by the La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate factory, Crowned Heads is handling distribution.
La Coalición Breakdown
- Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
- Binder: Sumatra
- Filler: Nicaragua | Dominican Republic
- Factory: La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate (Nicaragua)
- Production: Regular
- Packaging: 20-ct boxes
- Vitolas: 4
- Price: $10.95–$14.95 (MSRP)
- Release: Nov. 22, 2019
- Corona Gorda: 5″ x 46 | $10.95 | $219.00/box
- Gordito: 5½” x 50 | $12.25 | $245.00/box
- Siglo: 6″ x 52 | $13.50 | $270.00/box
- Sublime: 6½” x 54 | $14.95 | $299.00/box