For the ninth consecutive year, Alec Bradley will release an installment in its Fine & Rare collection. This year’s blend has been dubbed Fine & Rare HOF / 506, being made in commemoration of David Rubin, father of company owner, Alan Rubin.
David passed away in late 2018, but he was said to have been involved in the company’s daily activities up until his passing. Fine & Rare HOF / 506 features David’s portrait prominently on the cigar’s band, and the words “In Honor Of David Rubin” are displayed on the reverse side.
Alec Bradley debuted the Fine & Rare series in 2011, marking the company’s most premium offering. Since this time, there have been four unique blends showcased (with three of the four being repeated over the years). The 2019 HOF / 506 blend will become the fifth blend in the series.
The Fine & Rare blend is unique in that it has always showcased 10 different tobaccos within each blend. This is considered a highly complex arrangement of tobaccos, as it is often a feat when a cigar contains even six or seven different tobacco varieties. HOF / 506 has been rolled in a singular 6¼” x 54 box-pressed gran toro format, with a single pair of master rollers handling the entire run of 25,000 cigars.
As with previous Fine & Rare releases, the HOF / 506 has been crafted at the Raíces Cubanas factory in Honduras. The blend incorporates an estate-grown Trojes wrapper and an undisclosed, proprietary combination of Nicaraguan and Honduran leaves throughout the cigar’s remainder. There will be 2,500 boxes of 10 cigars produced, with a release date of Nov. 15, 2019 and an MSRP of $21.90 per cigar.
Fine & Rare HOF / 506 Breakdown
- Wrapper: Estate-Grown Trojes (Honduras)
- Binder/Filler: Nicaragua | Honduras
- Factory: Fabrica de Tabacos Raíces Cubanas S. de R.L. (Honduras)
- Production: Limited Edition (25,000 cigars)
- Packaging 10-ct boxes
- Vitola: 6¼″ × 54 (Gran Toro)
- Price: $21.90 (MSRP)
- Release: Nov. 15, 2019
Alec Bradley Fine & Rare Series
- Fine & Rare 2011: HJ10-I blend
- Fine & Rare 2012: BR1213 blend
- Fine & Rare 2013: HJ10-I blend (second release)
- Fine & Rare 2014: TA-25A blend
- Fine & Rare 2015: JRS 10=(86) blend
- Fine & Rare 2016: HJ10-I blend (third release)
- Fine & Rare 2017: BR1213 blend (second release)
- Fine & Rare 2018: JRS 10=(86) blend (second release)
- Fine & Rare 2019: HOF / 506 blend