Drew Estate has announced the company’s latest seasonal shipment of Flying Pig cigars, including all six blends introduced to date.
The series’ previous shipment was in June 2018, releasing two Liga Privada cigars and three Undercrown cigars using the company’s iconic Flying Pig format. Not only has the 2019 shipment been updated to include the Kentucky Fire Cured version of the cigar, but the series will now be released in both the spring and fall each year.
The fan-favorite Flying Pig size originally debuted in November 2009 with a limited run of 2,000 boxes in the original Liga Privada No. 9 blend. The peculiar vitola is sized at 4⅛” × 60—a short and tapered perfecto that is finished with an oversized pigtail cap. The cigars were originally inspired from a photograph of an 1895 cigar salesman’s size-selection case and recreated at the La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate factory, subsequently becoming the most elusive vitola from Drew Estate. In 2010, Drew Estate followed with a limited run of Flying Pig cigars in the Liga Privada T52 blend, eventually branching out to include an Undercrown version in 2012 (originally released exclusively for the Netherlands market).
It is one of the most complicated vitolas to manufacture due to the unique size and signature pig-tail, which requires specialized training of the buncheros and rolleras at the factory.
Click images below for full resolution
- Kentucky Fire Cured: $9.60/$115.17 (MSRP) | 12-ct box
- Undercrown Sun Grown: $12.76/$153.17 (MSRP) | 12-ct box | exclusive to Drew Diplomat Retailers
- Undercrown Shade: $12.76/$153.17 (MSRP) | 12-ct box | exclusive to Drew Diplomat Retailers
- Undercrown Maduro: $12.76/$153.17 (MSRP) | 12-ct box
- Liga Privada T52: $15.10/$181.17 (MSRP) | 12-ct box | exclusive to Drew Diplomat Retailers
- Liga Privada No. 9: $15.10/$181.17 (MSRP) | 12-ct box | exclusive to Drew Diplomat Retailers