Davidoff continues the company’s 50th anniversary celebrations in 2018 with the announcement of the Davidoff Chefs Edition 50th Anniversary.
The Davidoff Chefs Edition was originally debuted in February of 2016, pairing Davidoff’s master blenders with six globally renowned chefs to create a cigar that would pair perfectly with their cuisine. This limited edition cigar was then re-released in April of 2017.
This year, Davidoff has returned to the blending table, partnering with five new chefs (with 12 Michelin stars between them) to offer a smoking experience inspired from the Dominican Republic, as well as each of the chef’s own home countries (Germany, Switzerland, USA, Great Britain and Hong Kong).
- Thomas Keller (The French Laundry in Yountville, USA)
- Alvin Leung (Bo Innovation in Hong Kong)
- Klaus Erfort (Gästehaus in Saarbrücken, Germany)
- Heiko Nieder (The Restaurant in Zürich, Switzerland)
- Shaun Rankin (Ormer Mayfair in London)
Chefs Edition 50th Anniversary has been rolled in an unspecified toro vitola, with 5,000 boxes of 10 cigars estimated for a September launch worldwide. The cigars use Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers, a Mexican binder, and a Dominican wrapper (differing significantly from the Ecuador/Dominican-based blend of the original Chefs Edition cigar).
Chefs Edition 50th Anniversary Breakdown
- Wrapper: Dominican Republic
- Binder: Mexican Negro San Andrés
- Viso: Dominican (Piloto, Yamasá) | Nicaragua (Estelí)
- Ligero: Dominican (San Vicente Mejorado)
- Factory: Cigars Davidoff (Dominican Republic)
- Production: Limited Edition (50,000 cigars)
- Packaging: 10-ct boxes
- Vitola: Toro
- Price: N/A
- Release: September, 2018