We’ve made it a quarter of the year and haven’t run out of movies to share yet… Taking a break from the holiday-inspired movies, we’re turning to the modern comedy favorite, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.
Fresh off the cast of SNL (no, not Smoke Night Live), Will Ferrell takes on the role he was born to play—Ron Burgundy. The full cast is a comedic dream team, with Steve Carell in one of his first roles, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, and David Koechner.
DO NOT USE THE UNRATED VERSION
or you will be out of sync with the rest of DOJONATION
Official hashtag: #cigarandamovie
How to Participate
- Grab yourself a copy of Anchorman (make sure it is NOT the unrated version). This can be a physical copy (DVD, Blu-ray, VHS…), online rental, or streaming.
- Grab a cigar, a drink, and a snack that you think will pair well for this movie. HINT: we recommend a Warped El Oso (because, BEARS!) and Scotch (Ron Burgundy’s drink of choice).
- IMPORTANT: Start your movie any time before 9pm (EST) and get it paused on this frame. This will allow thousands of Dojo members worldwide to be in sync during the film. Pretty cool, eh?
- At 9pm (EST), we will send a push notification to press play. We will also post this on the Dojo timeline. If you do not see our post or push notification, just get your movie going at 9pm (EST).
- Post on the Cigar Dojo app and use #cigarandamovie with your movie/cigar-related shenanigans. Our favorite posts will receive cigar prizes.
Where to find Anchorman
If you don’t already have a copy, Anchorman can be found online in various formats.
$9.99 - $13.99 (SD) | $13.99 - $17.99 (HD)
Cigar and a Movie Prizes
As always, prizes will be awarded to users who join the fun and post with #cigarAndAMovie
This week’s prize comes from Drew Estate. It’s a Florida Sun Grown Pewter Ashtray made by Subculture Studios.