For the second year running, Black Label Trading Company (BLTC) will release its limited edition Santa Muerte cigars to coincide with the Mexican holiday Day of the Dead.
Santa Muerte was first introduced in the last week of October, 2016 in 400 boxes (200 per size) to select retailers. The cigars differ from most other BLTC releases in that they are not maduro, instead showcasing a medium-bodied blend that is highlighted by an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper and a diverse selection of six tobaccos in the filler.
As with 2016’s release, Santa Muerte is offered in the same two sizes (Corona Gorda and Short Robusto), but the prices have increased by $1.50 per cigar.
Santa Muerte 2017 Breakdown
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
- Binder: Ecuadorian Habano
- Filler: Nicaragua | Dominican | San Andrés
- Factory: Fabrica Oveja Negra (Nicaragua)
- Production: Limited
- Packaging: 20-ct boxes
- Vitolas: 2
- Price: $10.00
- Release: October 13, 2017
- Corona Gorda: 5½” × 48 | $10.00 (MSRP)
- Short Robusto: 4¾” × 52 | $10.00 (MSRP)