Cigar Dojo’s first-ever “Cigar and a Movie” is here, folks!
At the Dojo, we pride ourselves on having the greatest cigar community in the world—aka DOJONATION! As such, we like to keep it fresh on the Cigar Dojo app, whether that means weekly cigar contests, Smoke Night LIVE, Humidor Challenges, sports-related pick’em contests, or gathering together to watch classic cinema.
For the first edition of “Cigar and a Movie,” we put it to the polls, allowing Dojo members to vote—with The Big Lebowski winning in a landslide! The Coen brothers tell the story of “The Dude” (aka His Dudeness, Duder, or El Duderino), a man on a mission to right the wrong he received in the form of a mistakenly soiled rug—one White Russian at a time… Jeff Bridges and John Goodman star in this bizarrely funny cult comedy.
How to Participate
- Grab yourself a copy of The Big Lebowski. This can be a physical copy (DVD, Blu-ray, VHS… extra points for this one!), online rental, or streaming.
- Grab a cigar, a drink, and a snack that you think will pair well for this movie. HINT: we recommend a White Russian cocktail!
- IMPORTANT: Start your movie any time before 9pm (EST) and get it paused on this frame—right when the “UNIVERSAL” letters stop moving. This will allow thousands of Dojo members worldwide to be in sync for some major Duderino action. Pretty cool, eh?
- At 9pm (EST), we will send a push notification to press play. We will also post this on the Dojo timeline. If you do not see our post or push notification, just get your movie going at 9pm (EST).
- Use #theDudeAbides with your movie/cigar-related shenanigans. Our favorite post will receive a prize pack from Master Sensei himself.
Where to find The Big Lebowski
If you don’t already have a copy, The Big Lebowski can be found online in various formats.
Rental: $2.99 (SD) – $3.99 (HD)
Buy: $9.99 (SD) – $14.99 (HD)