As expected, Drew Estate has unveiled the third iteration of its popular Undercrown collection—Undercrown Sun Grown.
Undercrown Sun Grown adds a natural (Ecuadorian Sumatra seed, Sun Grown) wrapper to the series, which originally debuted in 2011 and previously only showcased maduro and Connecticut Shade varieties. This blend had been hinted at and even seen in small circles, as Drew Estate quietly introduced the brand in 2016 to meet the FDA release timetable.
The cigars will be on display next week at Drew Estate’s IPCPR booth, offered in the same 7 original sizes seen on the other Undercrown blends. While the famed Flying Pig size will be offered, there doesn’t appear to be matching vitolas for three of the sizes (Tubo, Churchill, and petits) Drew Estate unveiled for the other 2 blends at the IPCPR 2016 show.
Click images below for full resolution
Undercrown Sun Grown Breakdown
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra Sun Grown
- Binder: Connecticut River Valley Stalk Cut/Cured Sun Grown Habano
- Filler: Nicaraguan (includes aged Ligero from Nueva Segovia)
- Factory: La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate (Nicaragua)
- Production: Regular Production
- Packaging: 12-ct | 25-ct boxes
- Vitolas: 7
- Price: $8.20 – $12.72 (MSRP)
- Corona: 5⅝” x 46 | $8.20 (MSRP) $205.00/25ct Box
- Robusto: 5″ x 54 | $8.48 (MSRP) $212.00/25ct Box
- Gran Toro: 6″ x 52 | $9.02 (MSRP) $225.50/25ct Box
- Belicoso: 6″ x 52 | $9.84 (MSRP) $246.00/ 25ct Box
- Gordito: 6″ x 60 | $11.20 (MSRP) $280.00/25ct Box
- Corona Doble: 7″ x 54 | $10.38 (MSRP) $259.50/ 25ct Box
- Flying Pig: 3 15/16″ x 60 | $12.72 (MSRP) $152.64/12ct Box