Altadis USA has announced their latest efforts for their well-known Henry Clay brand. The cigars are titled Henry Clay Stalk Cut by Grupo De Maestros—featuring primarily Dominican, vintage tobaccos, wrapped in a dark, Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper.
This new blend once again showcases the talents of Altadis’ elite blending team, known as the Grupo de Maestros—a collection of talented cigar craftsmen that combine for over 250 years of experience. Here, they are promoting the unique style of stalk-cut curing, allowing the leaves to continue drawing nutrients from the plant’s base as they cure. This, combined with vintage Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers, will compile the new blend.
Henry Clay Stalk Cut marks the second release for the Henry Clay line in less than a year, with the limited edition Henry Clay Tattoo arriving late last summer.
The cigars are expected to see a ship date any day now, estimated as “early January” by Altidas.
Henry Clay Stalk Cut Breakdown
- Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Vintage 2012
- Binder: Dominican Piloto Vintage 2010
- Filler: Dominican Olor Vintage 2012 | Dominican Piloto Vintage 2012 | Nicaraguan Criollo Vintage 2013
- Factory: Tabacalera de García S.A.S. (Dominican Republic)
- Production: Regular release
- Packaging: 20-ct box
- Vitolas: Gran Corona (Pig Tail) 46 x 6” | Robusto 50 x 5” | Toro 54 x 6”
- Price: $8.00 – $8.50
- ETA: January, 2016