The Cigar Dojo is pleased to announce that we reached (and in fact blew away) our goal of sending $1000 worth of cigars to our troops overseas. The Cigar Dojo members purchased over $1400 worth of cigars and the fine folks at Smoke Inn matched our donation to help us send a whopping 760 cigars to our troops this Memorial Day.
We are not sending second rate cigars to our troops. No, that’s not how the Dojo rolls… we bought some of the best of the best so our military men and women can enjoy the finest premium cigars with brands such as San Lotano, La Aurora, Montecristo, H Upmann, Casa Fernandez, Alec Bradley, Padilla, and Romeo y Julieta.
This successful effort could not have been accomplished without the entire Dojo membership. A special thanks goes out to all the fine folks who donated to the cause as well as some that went above and beyond such as our good friend Jae, the guys who donated to the cigar raffle and of course Abe, Bryan and all the fine folks at SmokeInn.com.
Some of the destinations for these cigars were as follows…
- 2 PFC’s DCMA Afghan (Army) – Afghan
- 6 Soldiers- Camp Phoenix (Army) – Afghan
- 3 Soldiers FOB Shank (Army) –Afghan
- 2 Soldier Shindand Air Base- Air Expeditionary Advisory Group AEAG (Air Force) Afghan
- 1 Soldier VMM 265 (Marine Air Assault Unit) –Afghan
- 1 Soldier 82nd FMSU – Financial Management Support Unit Kandahar Air Field Army – Afghan
- 1 Soldier 1048th TC (Transportation Company) – Turkey
- 1 Soldier PSC 588 (Navy Pacific Command ) – Pacific
With the success of this years effort we plan to double our goal next year!