As with the past few years, Camacho’s booth was located within the Davidoff compound – sharing space with the likes of Davidoff, Room101, AVO, Zino, Cusano, Ditka, and BG Meyer – although it’s safe to say Camacho occupies the largest area.
The look of the booth was largely the same, being clean and open, with pillars showcasing each of the brands offered. Featured cigars were the Camacho Powerband and Check Six.
Camacho’s newest addition to their premium Master Built series was the main focus. The cigars were released in June and feature a biker culture theme. This took the center stage at Camacho, replacing the American Barrel-Aged display from last year (or the terrarium of scorpion’s from 2013…). There was a custom Powerband bike on display, as well as a virtual reality simulation, which Camacho has been touring across the country for this release.
SEE ALSO: Camacho Powerband cigar review
- Wrapper: Habano 2000 (Ecuador)
- Binder: Negrito San Andres (Mexico)
- Filler: Corojo Ligero (Nicaragua) | Original Corojo Ligero (Honduras) | San Vicente Ligero (Dom Rep) | San Vicente Viso (Dom Rep) | Piloto Cubano (Dom Rep)
- Factory: Occidental Cigar Corp (Dominican Republic)
- Production: Regular Release
- Packaging: 20-count boxes | 20-count tubo boxes
- Vitolas: 3
- Price: $11.00 – $13.00
- Release Date: 6/13/2016 (globally: May, 2017)
Check Six was announced two weeks ago. It’s the latest in Camacho’s Brotherhood Series and was on display in place of last year’s Shellback. The cigars continue with a military theme, representing the bond of those watching each other’s “six”. The term originates from WWI fighter pilots, referencing the rear of an airplane as the six o’clock position. The boxes feature a removable challenge coin on the lid.
- Wrapper: Habana 2000 (Ecuador)
- Binder: Criollo 98 (Nicaragua)
- Filler: Criollo 98 (Nicaragua) | Estelí (Nicaragua) | San Vicente (Dominican Republic) | Original Corojo (Honduras)
- Factory: Agroindustrias Laepe S.A. (Honduras)
- Production: Limited (4,000 boxes of 20 cigars)
- Packaging: 20-ct box (arrives with challenge coin)
- Vitola: 6″ × 50 Toro
- Price: $12.50 (SRP)
- Release: Early August (Global markets 1st quarter 2017)
Camacho and AVO showcased new displays retailers will be able to use later in the year. Also, paper samplers of core-line cigars like Camacho Corojo and even the Master Built series. There was even a tubo sampler with a variety of blends, complete with a Camacho pocket knife.